Here are a few natural ways to help ease your pain;
- Vitamin C: Researchers at Boston University Medical Center found that 75 mg of Vitamin C daily slows the development of knee pain. Vitamin C is needed to make collagen, an important ingredient for cartilage.
- Exercise: Exercise pumps nutrients into joints and provides a means to nourish cartilage. Hence, less hip and knee replacements.
- Glucosamine and Chondroitin: Glucosamine gives cartilage its structure. Together, both glucosamine and chondroitin attract and hold water, which cushions the cartilage. Recommended dosage is 1,500 mg of glucosamine and 1,200 mg of chondroitin with meals.
- Diet: A mostly vegetarian diet is shown to reduce inflammation. Concentrate on complex carbohydrates such as whole grains, veggies, legumes and fruits and omega-3 fatty acids, which can be found in flaxseed oil.
- Nutritional supplements such as Arthritin for natural pain relief and anti-inflammation.
If you have arthritis, you are most likely aware of the dangers of taking prescription and over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medications. To avoid these dangers, try natural methods of fighting arthritis and arthritis pain.